Single and Single Us Citizens Day
Appears like this blog post is weekly late. From Sep 20 up until the 26 in 2009 it had been nationwide Singles month. During the 1980s, the Buckeye Singles Council of Ohio started this observance which falls on next complete week of September. It actually was started initially to
… acknowledge that many unmarried Us americans don’t recognize with all the term « unmarried » because they’re parents, have associates or are widowed.
Check out recent interesting details and statistics on singles in the us:
- these day there are 95.9 million unmarried people in the U.S. who happen to be 18 decades or earlier. This will make upwards 43 percent of all grownups. (from 2008)
- 53 per cent of those singles tend to be females
- 61 per cent of the singles not have already been hitched before. 24 percent happen divorced and an additional 15 % had been widowed.
- Seniors (65+) account for 15.8 million of xxx singles which 16 percent having not ever been married.
- 11.6 million of xxx singles tend to be parents living with their children, 9.8 million tend to be women.
Your complete reality sheet regarding Unmarried and Single People in the us Week, go to the U.S. Census Bureau.